Booking Procedures & Policies
- All stays are booked on a first-come, first-serve basis. We will hold your reservation for no more than ten (10) days without a deposit.
- In all areas listed that it reads A 25% non-refundable deposit is required. Balance is due 30 days prior to hunt. NO EXCEPTIONS! If full payment of any outstanding balance is not made within 30 days of you hunt, Dead Man’s Pass Ranch reserves the right to cancel you hunt with no refunds.
- Deposits are non-refundable, unless Guest can be replaced at full price. It is not Ranch’s obligation to replace a Guest if a cancellation takes place.
- Upon receipt of deposit, we will send a client confirmation packet containing written receipt of payment, confirmation letter, directions, Hunting Agreement, Hunting Contract, Hunter’s Education Information, and Hunt Info Sheet.
- For those clients who are flying, Ranch will include airport shuttle to and from Del Rio International Airport (DRT) on some stays. If client fails to schedule their flight itinerary with Ranch at least 72 hours in advance, they will most likely need to rent a car.
- For those Guests who are driving, they should schedule their arrival for no earlier than 12:00 p.m. of their arrival date.
- Everyone’s safety and well-being is our #1 priority and shall be your #1 priority as well. Drinking of alcoholic beverages is allowed if done in a responsible manner. The Ranch reserves the right to refuse drinks to a Guest if the Guest is conducting themselves in an irresponsible or inappropriate manner. Drinking before or during your hunt or during the cleaning of harvest animals (if you are participating) is not allowed.
- All firearms while at camp must be unloaded and cased or in the gun cabinet. This is for the safety of both the Ranch and the Guests. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- All spent shells, cartridges (including shotgun shells), and trash must be picked up. This is to ensure the Ranch remains clean and in pristine condition. This will help to provide for a good hunting environment for years to come.
Preparing For Your Hunt
Being mentally and physically prepared for your hunt will help ensure that everyone, including Ranch staff, will have a most enjoyable and productive hunt.
Prior to the hunt, Ranch will send client a thorough Prep Packet that should answer most of the questions regarding what to bring, travel arrangements, hunting license, etc. Be sure to carefully read and understand this information. For weather conditions, go to the Ranch’s website for this information.
Practice shooting. We cannot emphasize the importance of practicing at the shooting range. Don’t just site in your gun. Practice! A checking of you and your gun’s accuracy will take place at the Ranch prior to any big game hunting. No Exceptions!
Hunter needs to be ready to make shots up to possibly 250 yards. Deer may or may not come to the feeder, so the hunter needs to be ready for this. Quality practice will ensure a better opportunity for a kill. However, the hunter must remember that this is hunting and not target shooting. The Ranch will provide you with an opportunity to shoot an animal, but the rest is up to you.
Shipping of Trophies
Should Ranch have to ship cape and antlers to client’s requested destination, client will be charged for shipping charges, as well as a Ranch service charge for crating/handling.
Reproduction of Trophies
Ranch reserves the right to reproduce trophies harvested to use in any of our promotional materials, advertising, website, brochures, etc.
Gratuities for guides and cooks are customary. Please be considerate and reward personnel for a job well done. We will do everything in our power to make your stay with us a very memorable experience. It’s not just a hunt; it’s a total package. Normal amounts vary, but most hunters tip as follows:
Up to $1,500
$125 – $200 (Guide)
$200 – $300 (Guide)
$350 – $1000 (Guide)
$50 – $75 (Cook)
$75 – $100 (Cook)
$125 – $150 (Cook)
Important Fact About Your Hunter Education Certification:
- Certification is good for life.
- Texas certification is honored by other states and provinces requiring hunter education.
- You must carry proof of certification or deferral on your person while hunting.
- Proof of certification is NOT required to purchase a license.
Deposits and final payments are non-refundable unless canceling client finds a replacement hunter. If Dead Man’s Pass Ranch, L.L.C. has to find a replacement, there will be a $1,000.00 rebooking fee plus any discounts given to the replacement hunter. The rebooking fee, plus any discounts will be deducted from client’s original deposit. All balances, if any, shall then be transferred to another hunt date.
If Dead Man’s Pass Ranch, LLC cancels you hunt (for any reason other than non-payment) within 30 days of your scheduled hunt, the ranch will refund 100% of all payments made.
Client will be charged in full for the total number of persons in Client’s group/party and for the number of days booked. If Client is booking multiple people as part of the Client’s group/party, then Client should have stand-by hunters ready to fill any guest cancellation that Client may incur.